Friday, January 24, 2025

Cheese Butterflies and Hearts--and Christ Born to Be a Friend

One day this week, Pastor and Mrs. Ambrose and our girls tried to be a friend to a lady in the nursing home up the road. It was her birthday.
The Ambroses took cupcakes and Crystal and I made heart and butterfly, mitten and snowmen cutouts out of cheese to take with crackers.
This was fun to do!
And it all brought cheer to our dear friend whose life was messed up with sin, but she came to the Lord in her despair, and He saved her and she loves Him now.

A relative of the lady had thought to come along, too, but didn't make it. Just friends there, no relatives. A couple weeks ago, I received a late Christmas card in the mail.

 

Inside was this little message: "In all our trials, (He was) born to be our friend." These familiar words from "O Holy Night" became suddenly fresh and real--a different context but the same words. 

I wish I could whisper them to anyone reading this tonight who might need a friend in the midst of trial. 

"He was born to be your friend."

"In all their affliction He was afflicted, and the Angel of His presence saved them; in His love and in His pity He redeemed them; and He bore them and carried them all the days of old."

Isaiah 63:9

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...