Saturday, January 25, 2025

When I am Afraid of Bangs

One day a few weeks ago, I got a surprise when I went into our bedroom. There lying on our bed was the DOG! She knows she is not allowed in there! What on earth! 

Well, as I stood there trying to figure out why the dog was on my bed, I remembered that my son had been out target practicing under the bridge. Needless to say, when someone is target practicing, there are lots of loud bangs, and our dog is afraid of loud bangs.

Now she did not need to be afraid of the loud bangs, but the dog did not know that. She just heard loud bangs and they scared her.

So she had gone running into the house, and there she was--on my nice, soft bed.  

Sometimes we hear bangs--you know, scary news or distressing things or people's threats and bluffs.

We don't know that we don't really need to be afraid.

The bang is loud

and scary

and there is no one to tell us what it really  means.

So like our dog Aspen, we need a place to run--a nice soft place as far away as possible from the bangs of life--to the refuge of Jesus' arms and near to the heart of God. 

When I am afraid of bangs, oh Lord, I will trust in Thee.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...