Tuesday, December 2, 2025

Thanksgiving Sunday--Worshipping Together

Thanksgiving Sunday was a beautiful, beautiful day! I awoke with praise on my mind, unlike the day before when I awoke with a deep sense of dread. I don't know if that had anything to do with hearing quietly from Jonathan later that our friend Nathan Bryant had passed away the night before. 
But he had gone to meet the Lord he loved, had not suffered longer, and God was uplifting the family with peace that passes understanding.
I don't know why God took Nathan and left me, but Sunday morning a poem of praise filled my heart,  copied at the end of this post. 
I held baby Ellie so Rose could make pumpkin pie for dinner, and Jonathan and I prayed together as we always do on Sunday morning--lifting each church that our children and loved ones attend to the Lord in prayer;
lifting the bereaved and the suffering and the persecuted.
Rose caught this scene on camera--little Ellie sitting quietly in my arm as we prayed.
This is my life, my joy, my duty, my praise--coming to the Lord in prayer each Lord's day morning. 
We got to sit behind Tom and Rose and Ellie in church--even if ours was the back seat "with the backsliders"!!!!
We got to listen to Carrie's absolutely beautiful arrangement of "Still, Still, Still" for the prelude, and listen to her accompany the congregation throughout the service. It is such a joy to see our children involved in music and other service in their respective churches.
I was touched to see Tom's arm go around Rose during the benediction. May God's love for their family and their love for each other always be a benediction!
Uncle Tim and Uncle Danny seeing what reactions they can get from their little niece! We had to hug Tim goodbye because he had to try to get over the mountain pass back to his home in Crawford, CO, before the roads became impassable. As it was, he said he'd never seen so much snow on the road before, and he saw more than one accident. We were so thankful when he messaged that he was home safe several hours later!

Sabbath Meditation

I worship when I waken,
I thank You as I rise.
Seven times a day my praise
Is lifted to the skies.


Not five times as the Muslims
Who bow toward minaret.
But all day long with love or song
My heart toward God is set.

I thank You when I eat my bread,
I ask You for Your care.
When traveling I'm in your hand,
I trust You everywhere.


My burdens and my cares are Yours;
 I place them in Your hand.
The things that are too big for me
You totally understand.
At end of day I meditate
Upon Your holy Word,
And that's the darkness settles,
Your praise in song is heard.

On Sabbath and on work day,
Although I may seem odd,
I worship, I adore You,
My Master and my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...