I ran across this post today when I was looking for a certain poem I'd written.
Thought I'd repost.
********************
Who needs Pennsylvania flowers when you can have Colorado rainbows nearly every day?And a handsome Colorado cowboy just come home from work?
God sees "the other side of the storm,"
sang the Fullers at our church last week.
All we can see is the dark clouds, all we can hear is the wind,
and all we can feel is the cold, wet rain and pounding waves.
But on the other side of the storm
is His rainbow.
After the squalls--and the rain,
after the prayers, and the pain,
comes the bright shining of the sunshine and beautiful Colorado blue sky!
After years of drought comes a month with rain almost every day and suddenly
there is thick green grass in our front yard.
And our parched souls are watered with His abundant grace and love.
What a blessing to look out and see a full pond, green grass,
aspen leaves that survived the hail,
and neighbor horses grazing peacefully.
And okay, let's not spiritualize this one--
just a sweet picture of me and my sweetie
under the rainbow! :)
New storms brew over the horizon, but we can rest, unafraid,
drinking deeply of His grace and love, rejoicing that even though the clouds are dark, He is Master of the storm, and He will take care of us.
"Rainbow in the Dark, Dark Sky"
Rainbow in the dark, dark sky,
What kind of message do you cry?
Message midst the work and stress,
Message for my weariness,
What is the message that you cry?
Weary one, this is from me,
To comfort your adversity.
My message: "When you're through the test,
The Lord has promised perfect rest,
And that eternally.
Rainbow after summer rain
Hope for life can you explain?
Why is there so much tragedy?
Why must we suffer misery?
What reason that there's so much pain?
"I the rainbow can't begin
To change the life that you are in.
But God's promises are sure.
He knows those whose hearts are pure.
He knows those whose hearts are pure.
A crown of life they'll win.
A crown of life they'll win.
Rainbow o'er the road ahead,
Before my earthly hopes are dead,
Have you a message I might heed
To steady me in time of need,
That I be strong instead?
This is the message for your cheer,
Before my colors disappear.
Never despair; work, pray and trust.
The Lord transforms the ash and dust
That fills each fleeting year.
Storms are his footprints; tears His jewels;
Suffering--lessons in His schools.
Have faith in God. When past earth's strife
His promise is eternal life
Where love and joy shall rule.
No comments:
Post a Comment