Friday, February 20, 2026

January is for Decluttering--oops, February Almost Gone!

January is my month for decluttering. While the days dawn late and darken early, I throw away old papers, file last year's receipts in the shoebox containing three years' worth of personal receipts, go through collections of magazines, and pack away Christmas decor. 

But there are some things I keep--like this chipped, broken-and-glued-back-together mug from my friend Mary, who also happens to be my daughter's mother-in-law. It says, "Good morning, Anna. I'll be handling all your problems today. --God"
(See why I keep it?) 
Problems and clutter, like tumbleweeds, collect along the fences of our lives. Lord, declutter my corners and my closets, my magazine racks and my time,
so that what is left is best, not just the better things of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Driveway Delights--Larks and Owls

 The ability to delight in something is a gift from the Lord. There have been valleys in my life where I could not find the ability to delig...