"No matter what happened yesterday, birds always start a new day with a song."
I read that quote recently and thought it was a good one to mediate on.
Not every song is set to music. When my hubby and I greet each other each morning with a friendly "Good morning," that is a song.
When my hubby opens the door to our wood stove in the morning, rakes the coals smooth, and shoves in another log or two to keep us all warm, that is a song.
"I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being." Psalm 104
"I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being." Psalm 104
Down in Arizona where I had cancer treatments for nearly a year, doves cooed to each other every morning. Doves coo up at the church here in White River, at our pastor's home, and across the road at the White River cemetery.
Their coos are songs.
On my way to chemo treatment Wednesday, we made one stop at a rest stop for a break. There a flock of sparrows greeted us with their chirping. I rejoiced to hear their friendly song.
It lifted my spirits on my way to the same old cancer clinic where I must endure more needle pokes though the ones that day were minor compared with other days. I never know how bad or good they will be, and sometimes they are not as bad as others. This week when I was feeling extra low, the pokes were easier than usual, and for that I thanked God.
And isn't thanks a song to God?
"When fear whispers about the future, I remember Who holds tomorrow."
And isn't that a song?
No comments:
Post a Comment