Monday, August 15, 2016

A Lost Sewing Bobbin--and What We Find When We Get Down on Our Knees

The other day I couldn't find a sewing machine bobbin with bright pink thread in it--
until I had gotten down on my knees and looked under the desk and around on the floor--
and under the sewing machine, which was where the lost bobbin was found!
 
What a different perspective it gives us when we get down on our knees!
There the burden of the day becomes lighter as we lay it at our Master's feet.
There we see things we lost sight of otherwise.
There we realize that we must decrease if He is to increase.
And there we offer simple prayers for simple lives.
Prayers like this one I found in an old Ideals magazine that someone had out on the sofa the other day.

"A Homemaker's Prayer"
by Margaret Rorke 


"Dear Lord, who once brought forth the food
To feed a hungry multitude,
Forgive the grumbling You survey
When I prepare three meals a day.

O Lord, who cleansed from man his sin,
Give strength to me as I begin
To wash the dishes, clothes and floors
And do my countless household chores.
O Lord, Who asked the children near
Bless those I love and hold most dear.
Put patience in my teaching, too, 
Until in thought they come to You.

O Lord, Who suffered untold pain,
Be merciful when I complain
About some little hurt I have.
Make love and faith its healing salve.
O Lord, Who gave Your life to good,
Help me to help my neighborhood,
My church, my friends, and those who need.
Help me and mine to love Your creed.

O Lord, Who left Your heavenly home
Because our Father bid You roam,
Make this, our dwelling, truly blest
By living with us as our guest."

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Morning--I Will Look Up! and Mike's Testimony

 I can't stop being grateful for these warm, sunny South Dakota mornings.  A couple mornings ago, I woke with the verse of a Psalm (KJV)...