Wednesday, August 31, 2016

At Craig and Joella's

After Tonya's wedding, we had a wonderful weekend  with my sister Joella's family in Missouri.
Craig enjoys playing hymn arrangements on Sunday morning as we prepare breakfast and get ready for church.
We passed through this little town of Tightwad in Missouri!
Hannah loved being friends with Laura.
Laura has the most amazing curly head I have ever seen!
These gladioli had been grown in their own garden.
They had gotten so many cucumbers (canning over 100 quarts of pickles)  that they were tired of them and said I could have all I could find!
Loved having dear little Laura along.
They've done a LOT of work remodeling the house inside and out. 
This front porch is beautiful, and new siding is soon to be on the front of the house.
Here we've gathered for family worship Monday morning. 
I appreciate Craig being a godly leader, and very proactive about unashamedly teaching from God's Word regardless who is around.
He is a real encouragement to live a godly life. 
We enjoyed picking from the garden's bounty.
Look how long this cucumber is!
 Then we walked up the road to my mom and dad's place.
Here is a Rose-of-Sharon bush at the end of their lane.
After helping with stacking kindling wood for winter, weeding and mulching the flower bed, etc.,
Susanna and our Carrie try out some music together on Mom's piano.
 Meanwhile, I am working with my mom, Crystal and Charity, cleaning and organizing their laundry room and pantry as there were still some boxes and bins needing stowed or unpacked after their move.
It's a struggle for my mom to do any heavy work, and she was coughing with any exertion.
I wished we could have stayed longer to help. 
Her laundry was out on the line, and she still bakes their bread and granola. 
Here Joella has brought all the fixings for a taco salad picnic and we are eating outdoors in the perfect weather. It had been very hot before we came, and became hot again after we left,
but thank God for beautiful weather while we were there.
Jonathan and Sam worked to put a door in the end of the sun room where a door used to be but had been covered over.
They needed a door there so they could more easily get to the winter wood pile. 
Here Sam is cutting the metal siding.
I was so glad we could get to a couple of these projects because Craig and Joella help them when they can, but have their own responsibilities and huge remodeling job of a very run down house.
They have already improved so much since we were there on Mother's Day.
Below you can see Sam up high on the rope swing far behind the children.
It's so great that there are so many shade trees, trees to climb, and two swings. 
Carrie and Susanna
Susanna and Rose
While we visited after the picnic, the children played in the huge front lawn.
Dad told me he was so thankful for how well all the cousins get along with each other.
He said that no matter which set of cousins came, all of them got along well.
I was so glad for this cheering observation. 
Children who are disciplined, who are kept busy at profitable work and play,  and whose parents take responsibility for them instead of blaming everyone else when there are any issues usually get along fine. 
What a blessing!
I didn't know where to fit this in, but on our way home from Missouri at a rest stop, 
a friendly truck driver allowed our three boys to climb up and see inside his truck cab.



 More pictures of Missouri soon I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...