A few days ago, Crystal's poor little old car received a bit of damage.
We shall, ahem, respectfully not repeat who was responsible.
However,
the other driver was backing up while this car door was open,
and--ahem--hit the door and scrunched it open a bit too far. And now the
door would not close. This is what it looked like.
Ahem, ahem, choke.
Dear Lord, we pray, please heal our vehicles!
The mechanic looked at the van and recommended a new radiator cap--which I bought and the shop clerk put on for me as I was afraid of the hot radiator. That did the trick for the van! Thank You, Lord! A couple angels were looking out for us, I think!
And then after I spend some time yesterday looking and looking at that bent car door, I looked up the problem on google, because it really didn't look like either the door or the hinges were bent or messed up. And we've learned to check out google for help.
We read that this bent car door phenomena is often just a "sprung" door, meaning the hinge has sprung.
Poor Crystal had to go to work the day before at the restaurant in this "fancy" car with the door held up and closed by a cargo ratchet strap. I should have gotten a picture of that!
Well, I found a site that said this was a simple fix, and it showed a diagram of the hinge, the door and pressure points on the door. It said if you put something solid like a socket or a small chunk of wood there between the hinge and the door, you can push up on the door and the hinge will go back into place and the door will go back into place.
Now we had hope.
Could Sam understand this explanation and put the socket in the right place and get the door pushed up just right?
I went out with him to assist in whatever way was needed, and most of all to provide moral support since that is what moms are good at!!
Sam did what the picture said, pushed on the door, and voila!
You can see the result!
Crystal came out just in time to hear me praising the Lord and Sam being incredulous that it was such a simple fix.
He had expected to have to take it to a body shop or buy a new door and try to fix it himself.
What a comfort that it was such a simple fix--thanks to Google!
And to the Lord!
It's
such a comfort that the Lord looks after us and provides for us and
shows us the answer when we are perplexed. He is so much better than
Google. He often knows that really the answer to our terrible,
embarrassing problem is very simple.
We
thought we might need to spend a long time and a lot of money and a lot of
energy trying to fix something that required only a few seconds, once
the socket was found and put in place.
And how often do we agonize in our minds and hearts about some problem in our heart or attitude or life, wondering how many struggles ir tryings or or apologies or penances it will take to "fix" it?
And all we really need to do is Google the Good Lord, Who lets us know that really all this problem needs is some small fix: a tweek of our attitude (sometimes just putting the situation into His hands or not taking responsibility that doesn't belong to us), a lift of our spirits, or a small decision that needs to be made and done that will change the dynamics and bring the needed change.
Thank You, Lord, that when life or we get bent out of shape, it is such a simple matter with You to fix it!
Well why didn't you post the picture/diagram so we can all fix our bent doors?
ReplyDeleteHere is the link:
Deletehttp://www.hotrodders.com/forum/basics-basics-sprung-door-repair-147580.html
I find this interesting. The commentor clearly doesn't give her name, yet you do not chide her, but me...because I give only the first initial of my last name was chided TWICE from you with "what is your NAME?!" in the comment section. For your information, my HUSBAND, my HEAD...wants me safe on the web. Not that explaining this is really anyone's business. And...my comments were THANKING YOU for your posts. But a commentor who is safer than I am on the web with his/her handle name gets a response with NO CHIDING over it.
ReplyDeleteGotta love it. Plus I am your sister in Christ. So... yeah. There's that too.
I completely respect you and your husband's choice to be safe on the web. I personally know the people who asked about sharing a link even though they used their "handle name" so I shared the link that I thought might be useful to others. Your comments were always appreciative and I really appreciated them. This sparked my curiosity as to who you were. When I simply asked your name, I asked because I was thankful for your comments and curious as to who you were. I am so sorry you thought I was "chiding" you, as that was not the case at all. I do have email and a snail mail address if you ever wish to write or email me without being on the web.
ReplyDelete