Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Early Christmas Dinner with Grandparents

I will go backwards now from Christmas Day to tell about our Christmas weekend!
Saturday we traveled into town to spend an early Christmas celebration with Jonathan's parents.
Here is Rosie heading to their door past these pretty red bells.
One thing I had taken was a cheese ball with Ritz snowflake crackers on this new folding serving platter I'd received the week before at the White Elephant gift exchange at Allen and Betty Durkee's home.
We had expected to be together sometime Christmas weekend with other of his family along with Jonathan's parents, but it didn't work out for the others this year, so it was just Jonathan's parents. 
I loved this rock with cardinals on it that Jonathan's sister-in-law Ruth had gotten for his parents.
Esther, Jonathan's sister, had given his parents this pencil Christmas tree, which worked very well in the small amount of space they now have.
 Grandma had made this lovely Christmas fruit tart for dessert.
It was delicious! That really made a hit!
We had taken gifts along for his parents. I couldn't resist this apron I saw one day.
Don't you just love it!
We were able to get a family photo taken and then we were hurrying because Sam got a fire call. There was a grass fire about 3 miles from our home. However, it was out by the time we got home.
That evening, we practiced music for Christmas Sunday morning at the Denver church.
We set up music stands and tried to play just the way we would at church.
The next post is about Christmas Eve Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Keeps Making Our Fawn a Blessing

A day or two ago, I got a call from our pastor's wife who thought I'd like to know that our fawn is bringing joy not just to us and ...