I got a chuckle last week after the choir service when this little girl had toddled up to the platform and was so intrigued with the manger scene.
I had lifted her gently up so she could see the Baby Jesus--only to discover that she seemed to be more interested in petting the fuzzy animals!
So we petted fuzzy animals together--she and I.
So we petted fuzzy animals together--she and I.
And I smiled.
And I wondered.
How like us poor humans!
God sends His son to earth to die for us--and we're more interested in other things.
There lies sweet little Baby Jesus--and we just want to pet the camels and cows and donkeys!
Are we really interested in Jesus,
and spreading the gospel,
and reaching the lost, and caring about the down and out,
and helping where it is lonely and difficult, and where there might even be another language or culture,
and you have to come up with ways to decorate that don't cost a penny--because there aren't very many pennies--
No comments:
Post a Comment