Last week at a viewing we attended, our friend Ken Ganger gave Jonathan this CD of the Ganger brothers singing.
We finally had a chance to get it out and listen to it today!
This was one of those days of warm winter weather in which you hurry up and cut more scrap wood, rake a side yard, clean up outside, and remember too late to tarp the hay because suddenly, after weeks of dry weather, it is raining and turning into snow.
Thankfully, Jonathan got home ahead of the snow and ice, but not long afterward, we saw two vehicles either ditched or stuck one way or another by the road in sight of our house.
That is the tow truck coming for one vehicle--in case you can't figure out the photo!
And below is the front cover of the Ganger brothers' CD called "Homestead."
Of course, Jonathan knew all the brothers growing up, and I have known them for years, too.
The oldest brother, Ken, has often passed work on to Jonathan. And his wife, before she died, for years used to email me the sweetest, most encouraging emails to this homeschooling mom of a large brood.
So I really was happy when he shared this CD with us.
I loved their choice of photos, songs, and the kind words spoken about faith and family inside.
On the back of the cover, it tells about the birth of their mother on a beautiful Colorado homestead 90 years ago. This CD made it to completion just before she left this world a few months ago, which I am sure was special to all the family.
So I put this CD on and listened to it while I was ironing--and did I ever enjoy it!
It reminded me so much of my own four brothers singing together!
I especially enjoyed the songs with the piano (that pianist was outstanding, and just the style I love!) and the acappela songs, esp. the medley of "All God's Children Got Shoes/ Swing Low, Sweet Chariot." The latter, and "The Jericho Road" were both songs my brothers used to sing.
So on this cold winter evening while the fire is blazing and I am trying to recuperate from a bout with my stomach yesterday, we enjoyed some good music!
I put the CD on a second time during supper. (You can see my little boy dashing out of the photo, while Jonathan wonders what the photo is all about! Especially when there is just leftover mush on the plates! :)) Maybe kind of like what they had to eat on the old homestead! :)
After three days of lots of cooking for various company, we kicked back with leftovers today!
And here Carrie wanted a picture of four of our nine fat and flourishing puppies!
Thank You, Lord, for a cozy home in the wind and snow and ice and storm,
and for good music besides!
I remember those cassette tapes of your family singing. You know how some people pick a theme for the year? This year I am thinking about "just for today". As in, "give us this day..." . I remember the song one of your brothers sang, "Just for Today and am using it for my motto this year.
ReplyDelete