Saturday, January 6, 2018

How Do You Juggle All These Balls?

When the cousins were here two evenings ago, David got out his juggle balls.
He was juggling five balls at once!
Both he and Samuel Morley were juggling. Sometimes they would juggle together!
Wow!
However, that was pretty complicated and they kept dropping balls!

It was much easier to juggle three balls rather than five.
David would sometimes toss one behind him while juggling two others in front of him--
and continue to catch and toss successfully!
I don't know how he does it!
I think juggling would make a great object lesson for Kids Club. Or a street meeting. Or a chapel class. Or a missions class.
It would show what it is like to have to juggle many jobs at once!
Moms and Dads have to do it, too. You don't have to be a pastor or missionary to have to try to juggle a lot of responsibilities!

Today our two oldest were gone, and the rest of us were working inside, outside, and upside down--literally!
Jonathan was out there working under his truck! I guess you could call that upside down.
I was pulling all manner of hunks of frozen goods out of one of the freezers that isn't working too well and seeing that they got stowed safely in other freezers.
I still need to clean my fridge which has too many broken shelves and drawers. ( I need a new fridge!)
Dusting, cleaning, hanging laundry, responding to our oldest son who was letting us know they had arrived safely at the Mexico border,
and then that they were safely across.
He sent us this picture of the six young men going. He's the one in the dark green shirt behind the others.

Lord, You know the many responsibilities that different ones are trying to juggle today.
Give grace and discernment to give priority where it needs to be.
Maybe one ball needs to be laid aside, maybe two.
Maybe temporarily five need to be juggled at once, but give us grace for each other when a ball gets dropped accidentally.
Help us to know what is most important today, this week, this season of our lives so that we can be doing exactly what YOU want us to do.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...