New Years weekend we took down our Christmas trees.
I don't know about you, but it's not very easy for me to put away the pretty Christmas decorations, leaving the house looking bare and almost cheerless in contrast.
I washed the dusty ornaments. (Not sure that was the best idea, as they may end up water spotted. :(
But the ash in the air from the woodstove sure gets them dusty.
Loved the shiny blue and silver ornaments here by the sink.
I had actually bought several plastic totes this year to pack our Christmas stuff away in the attic.
One tote after another I hauled over, climbing up two or three steps up the ladder to hand to a tall, strong son up there.
There went the tree top star and lots of Christmas gift boxes and bags and cards for next year,
bought at 50 or 66% off at after Christmas sales.
There went Baby Jesus.
Well, two of them.
Away they went to the attic.
Jesus, please don't go away from us as the Christmas season passes by and a new year begins.
Don't get packed away somewhere--out of sight, out of mind.
Stay right in the middle of our hearts and lives--our Star, our comfort, our Joy!
Stay right in the middle of our hearts and lives--our Star, our comfort, our Joy!
No comments:
Post a Comment