Last week, by a series of small events and rearrangements of plans,
Jonathan, Timmy and I ended up together in Elizabeth where church friends were having a work night at the parsonage.
Jonathan, Timmy and I ended up together in Elizabeth where church friends were having a work night at the parsonage.
The projects were to put insulation in the basement and particle board up for ceiling in the garage.
I took along a fruit platter and cranberry salad to eat alongside the creamy tacos served to all the workers.
I took along a fruit platter and cranberry salad to eat alongside the creamy tacos served to all the workers.
There were no light fixtures yet in the house or garage, so we had to work by hand-held lights plugged in somewhere along the wall.
Timmy climbed up to the trusses to install venting.
I became self-declared Light-holder!
Jonathan's expert eye and hand telling the guys where to nudge the particle board.
Jonathan cutting the hole for the ceiling light. I love, love, love watching my skillful husband as he directs ones who aren't as used to such work how to measure and where to mark the board.
I loved how each one tried to do his part whether skilled or not.
I loved how each one tried to do his part whether skilled or not.
It was such a fun time of fellowship and getting a job done. A couple guys who weren't used to such work ended up doing most of the work that required brawn! Kudos to them!
Buzz, the guy on the far right, kept us all in stitches laughing.
Buzz, the guy on the far right, kept us all in stitches laughing.
Josh Durr, the pastor, (far left in above picture and also below) drove down again yesterday to pick up Timmy to help the church men with more work on the parsonage in the afternoon after school.
I couldn't be happier than when my sons are proving useful in such volunteer work.
I couldn't be happier than when my sons are proving useful in such volunteer work.
I gave Kayla my light and took another picture and texted her my photos so she could share them with her family as work on the parsonage for them progresses. She and I had a great time talking together and holding the light!
I really appreciate this sweet young pastor's wife. Her husband Josh is son of missionaries in Guyana, South America.
I really appreciate this sweet young pastor's wife. Her husband Josh is son of missionaries in Guyana, South America.
Almost done with the ceiling and the night of work.
It had been so fun holding a light in a garage at Christmas time!
Almost as good as in a stable!








No comments:
Post a Comment