The Thanksgiving cactus from last year survived this year and bloomed right at Thanksgiving
on top of the fridge.
I
had gotten a huge turkey at 49 cents a pound. We baked it a couple
hours and then Carrie helped me drain the yucky juices out of it, after
saving the better juices from around it.
Then I stuffed it with homemade stuffing.

Everyone helped all morning long. The guys worked on some drywall repairs,

and the girls helped me in the kitchen and with cleaning.
Jonathan's parents had wanted to have Thanksgiving with us, and we had already invited several other guests.
After Thanksgiving dinner, we had a Count Your Blessing activity. Hannah had slips of paper in a basket with all sorts of numbers written on them. Each person picked two numbers and used those numbers to help us count our blessings.
For example, Carrie got the numbers 3 and 1000. She was thankful for her three brothers and three sisters and for 1000 green beans! Sam got the numbers 5 and 1. He was thankful for five of our dogs, and for his one girlfriend, because he said, if he had two girlfriends, that would be difficult! :-) A guest got the number 5 and was thankful for four tires plus one spare! Grandma, who got number 10 was thankful for her 10 fingers. Rose was thankful for 18 years of life. Jonathan was thankful for one warm house and the eight people who live in there with him. Danny was thankful for the one snowblower that actually started this morning. Some were thankful for one horse and thousands of snowflakes, for a million billion stars and for 56 cousins! So you can see we had a lot of fun with numbers to help us count the blessings God has given us.
Some thing else special that happened was when Jonathan sat down by the fire with his feet all splatted with drywall texture.
And as I came by, he looked at me, and he wondered, "Would you
wash my feet?"
I don't think he had ever asked such a thing before, and I wasn't sure if he meant it, or if he was
just teasing. But all I could think about was Jesus reminding
his disciples, "Wash one another's feet."
And here was a very real opportunity to do just that!
With a full heart, albeit a bit awkwardly, I got to wash my own hubby's feet on Thanksgiving Day!
And I couldn't help wondering, if doing a small act of love like this as unto the Lord may have meant
more to Him than eating turkey or counting our blessings or offering the Doxology?
Just wondering.







No comments:
Post a Comment