Thursday, December 19, 2019

Star of the East--and of the West

I'm always enthralled with the story of the Star of the East over Bethlehem.
I'm also enthralled with the stars of the west--
over chicken coops, for example. 
Ours in particular.
 Or over windmills on a dark night like the night when Sam's girlfriend Jennifer was here and our whole family went for a long walk up in the bluffs, taking turns carrying little Prishita that Carrie was babysitting.
We paused at the windmill and admired the frost on it, the frozen pool of water, and the twinkling stars.
Some of the family had seen the longest falling star they had ever seen that night. 
There's nothing quite like the stars of the west.
Including this one on the bee house just outside our windows on the south side.
That picture was taken when a homing pigeon showed up one day. It must have lost its way and discovered seeds and bird food at our place!
It has been coming back every day!
Its instinct guides it. 
One time a star led wise men to a baby in his mother's lap.

Scripture guides us. 
God's Spirit leads us.
Sometimes we are led and helped by books or articles or blogposts of godly authors like this one:
https://christyfitzwater.com/interacting-with-people-is-hard/
Or this one:
https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/masters-of-self
about cultivating the art of gentleness in an age of rage.

Or this one about the power of praise:
https://christyfitzwater.com/five-praises-and-a-prayer/

Thank You, Lord, for stars in both east and west!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Morning--I Will Look Up! and Mike's Testimony

 I can't stop being grateful for these warm, sunny South Dakota mornings.  A couple mornings ago, I woke with the verse of a Psalm (KJV)...