Several weeks ago on our way home from western Colorado, we came up on a strange traffic jam. Cows on the road!
Those cows and Covid have something in common. They have both interrupted the normal routine of life. They have put some of our lives on pause. Some of that has been bad and difficult, but some of it has had its benefits. I have had more time to write, and my first book (aside from the poem books I printed about 33 years ago), was published in December. It's a book that my brother Fain and sister-in-law Regina asked for help in writing--stories from the life of Regina's father and mother, especially her father.
The first printing sold out within three or four weeks and a second printing is available now. I hope to have my own book ready in a couple months--Roses in Kiev. My next post tells more about that.
And there are photo jams. Beds jammed with photos as I sort through old pictures to try to organize them. Shhh. Don't tell Jonathan I'm doing a special scrap book project for Valentines Day.
While sorting and organizing, I came across these photos that were taken when Crystal and Sam were wee. Evangelical Bible Mission, the mission we were under at the time, had Olan Mills come in and do photo shoots for people at the mission that year, and we went ahead and had some taken of us. I love these pictures of our dear, bright, happy, loving Crystal.
Her life is on pause at the moment, too, with Covid situations making it difficult to make a decision about where to go and where to serve right now. But God has a plan. I don't know what it is right now, but as I have looked and looked at photos I've sorted through, I am awed at how God has helped and led Jonathan and me. Through many "dangers, toils, and snares" we have already come. I am amazed at God's amazing grace. His grace has brought us safe thus far. And despite the Covid pause, His grace will lead us Home. I believe that with all my heart.







No comments:
Post a Comment