It was exciting to receive this notice in the mail a few weeks ago--that one of my children's stories which had been published several years ago had been reprinted by Herald and Banner Press, and would be in an upcoming children's Sunday School paper.
And it was an even bigger excitement to find out that the first printing of my first book has been sold out, and a second printing would be necessary to fill the orders that are coming in! The book is also being translated into Spanish!

It's exciting when stories are printed, and then reprinted and also translated into other languages because they are touching hearts.
But there is a Story that has been printed and reprinted over and over,
It's the Story of Love and Redemption.
It's being told all over the world.
I just read in a magazine that came yesterday, how God is helping a few people who are working at spreading the gospel online, and how it is going all around the world, esp. in Muslim and Hindu countries.
Of course, I'm excited about where a writing ministry may go at this point in my life. But the Greatest Story of All is the One I try to read in every day. Right now I'm in Isaiah, and I think Isaiah is one of my very favorite books in the Bible. It is so full of beautiful promises about relationships with God. I read it and pray through the chapter as I read, pray for our country, for my children, for myself. Isaiah is the book I opened up to the day I was quite sure Jonathan was going to pop the question in Kiev. I wanted to know what God thought. Was it all right with Him if I said yes to Jonathan? I asked for a word of peace that day, and He gave me Isaiah 60 and 61, where I opened that morning in my Bible. "She shall no more be called Forsaken, but she shall be called Hepzibah, and her land Beulah [meaning married]." It talked about a bride and bridegroom. And there was peace about marrying Jonathan.
That is just one small part of the book I'm writing called Roses in Kiev.



I'm looking forward to reading your second book, also! I surely enjoyed your first one.
ReplyDelete