I don't know about you, but as soon as we start firing up the wood stove in the fall, my thumbs and fingers start cracking at the tips. I don't know if it is the drier air once we have to run the wood stove or what it is. Doing dishes a lot in dish soapy water makes the problem worse, but how am I supposed to stop washing dishes?
I do find that using the dishwasher helps! While the others finish eating and talking at supper time, I'm often up loading the dishwasher and finishing scrubbing up pots and pans. And when my hands get chapped and cracked, I end up using Vitamin E oil and covering them with bandaids. So I have been experimenting with different lotions. I bought one called Udderly Smooth at Dollar Tree recently--for just $1. And I put it next to the sink.
Unfortunately, that is also where my toothpaste tube was, and one day I accidentally picked up the toothpaste tube instead of the lotion tube, and started to squeeze "lotion" onto my thumbs! It is a good thing my thumbs weren't cracked worse, for that dab of toothpaste would have stung pretty bad, I'm afraid! As it was, I got a laugh out of my silly mistake. And when I posted about my laugh for the day on Facebook, a sweet friend decided to send me her Relive lotion which she uses for her cracked thumbs!
Her care package arrived in the mail and was waiting for me when I arrived home from Missouri. When I opened that package and discovered two tubes of lotion and a special chapstick, it just meant so much to me. I felt like God had reached out His hand of comfort and care to a mom who had nearly lost her father three days earlier due to kidney failure. It had been a roller coaster of emotions for several days, and I come home and I rarely if ever get a gift in the mail like that! But there was a package just for me!
As I rubbed in that lotion, I felt like God Himself was sending His comfort and grace. Little things can mean so much! Blessings on Laura Fellencer for her sweet and loving gift! It was so from the Lord!


No comments:
Post a Comment