Saturday, May 15, 2021

"Under His Wings"--and Jonathan's Birthday

A few weeks ago we celebrated Jonathan's birthday. I asked Crystal to decorate the table, and she did!

 We had Jonathan's parents out.
The birthday person gets to choose their favorite Scripture and hymn, so Jonathan chose "Under His Wings" for the hymn.

 I couldn't help snapping a photo of the puppy in Rose's arms while we were singing.
"Under His wings I am safely abiding, 
Though the night deepens and tempests are wild, 
Still I can trust Him, I know He will keep me; 
He has redeemed me, and I am His child.
 Under His wings, under His wings,
Who from His love can sever?
Under His wings, my soul shall abide,
Safely abide forever."
****
 While in South Dakota a couple weeks ago, I asked a missionary mother of eight children if the native Americans could improve their lives if they chose to. "It's difficult," the lady said, "when they have no incentive. They ask me, 'Don't you go to the post office every month and get a check?' I tell them, 'No, I have to work for the money I get!" Men do not have any concept of working for their pay, or of providing for their families.
Jonathan does. 
He works for his pay.
 This is just one of the jobs he is working on.
 The back of the house Jonathan and his crews built from scratch. 
I was over there a few months ago in Black Forest, helping to drag burnt tree logs and branches to load onto a trailer. (This house is being built where the Black Forest Fire burned several years ago.)
Here Jonathan's guys are siding the new house. 
Jonathan works for his pay, and I stay home most of the time so I won't spend unnecessary money.
(Plus right now I am writing books to not only have a writing ministry but to try to help out our finances, but it will take months to actually make a profit.)
Though every once in a while I will splurge, like yesterday, after a payment came to Jonathan, 
and will buy jalapenos and bacon for him, and organic BBQ corn chips marked down, and good lettuce and cilantro and an avocado, and butter and cream cheese, 
spending all of $38 to celebrate a payment coming in sooner than we expected!
God is good!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...