Monday, May 10, 2021

When You Must Let Go of Your Sons

Little by little, I must let go of my sons.

Sometimes in small ways, like today, when Timmy headed out for a couple hours to work for an elderly veteran in Peyton who hires Timmy to clean the pens of his homing pigeons. I gave Timmy my new book to give this veteran friend, praying together over it that the gospel which is shared gently through stories might speak to his heart before he meets his Maker. 

Sometimes in bigger ways I must let go.
While we were buzzing through Nebraska and South Dakota a week and a half ago, Timmy had flown back to Pennsylvania to attend Campus Days at Penn View Bible Institute where he is applying to attend this fall. 
Since he attended campus days, he received a $1000 scholarship, $500 off each semester for his first year.
It's hard for me to keep up with all my children right now!  
Timmy will have to fend for himself somewhat back there in Pennsylvania this fall, so I am teaching him how to iron his own clothes.

                                

 Sometimes the boys go right along with us on our trips, such as back to IHC convention in April.

Timmy spent parts of a couple days milling hardwood lumber in Missouri at my brother's place on the wood mill that my brother-in-law in Michigan had sent down months ago.

I enjoyed the spring blossoms and budding leaves....

 And carpets of violets in Mom and Dad's front lawn.

I also enjoyed the bouquets put together by my nieces, one of whom has begun a job working at a local florist shop! What a providential provision for her to use her skills--arranging flowers, delivering, computer skills--nearly every last thing the shop was needing. We have to let go of our daughters, too! Her father was a bit nostalgic as she drove by one morning, honking to him on her way to deliver flowers somewhere!

 Laundry waving in the breeze. 
My brother's freshly plowed garden with dogwood blossoms over it. 

Many hands make light work!
Moving Elon's greenhouse frame.  
 And then moving the cover for it.
 
Saying goodbye as Elon carries their sweet little blind puppy back into the house.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...