Friday, December 24, 2021

She Had Waited All Week to See Baby Jesus

 Pastor Durr's wife babysits a little girl, whom she tells about Jesus. Last week, several of our family helped with a live nativity in front of the little log church in Elizabeth, and this little girl's family came.

"She has been waiting all week to see Baby Jesus!" Kayla explained, as she brought the little girl to the manger. 

 All week, she had been waiting to see "Baby Jesus" and His mommy and daddy--Mary and Joseph--played by Sam and Carrie that particular evening.

It's been a busy Christmas season, and now it's almost over. Tomorrow is Christmas already.  
Have we been waiting all week to see Jesus?
I don't know how to best keep Christ the center of Christmas, but every year, we make the effort.
And long past bedtime Christmas Eve, I was washing dishes and setting the table for breakfast--with the names of Jesus printed onto little wooden circles that Danny had sawed and wrapped for me. 
For our devotional after breakfast, each one around the table is to choose his favorite name of Jesus and read the verse containing it.
I hope it will remind us that Jesus is our everything--from being our Savior to the Good Shepherd, to our Redeemer, to our Counselor.
Like that little girl, have we waited all week to see Jesus?
I hope these little homemade ornaments scattered along the center of the Christmas breakfast table will help us to see Him.
He is everything we need!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...