When we arrived here in Fountain Hills a few weeks ago, we noticed statues of several Presidents down near Fountain Lake.
One of them was President Lincoln, and one morning I watched as an elderly gentleman who was walking by paused at this statue and took off his hat.
It was a silent gesture of respect that left a hush in the air.
If only there were more respect these days, and if only leaders could deserve such respect.
But when we pine for better days with better leaders and feel that we
can't do much about the leadership (or lack thereof) that our country
has right now,
that is when we must focus on other people in our lives
that we can indeed respect, love, and influence.
One of those people is my daughter Rose who was with me for a week, driving me to the clinic and everywhere I needed to go,
seeing that I was taken care of, taking walks with me all over the place, and doing all the dishes for me!
The evening I was in the most pain, after meds settled the pain a little, I asked to be taken to the river half hour away where I could wade a while and see if the cold, running water and grounding would help settle the pain jabs.
It did!
The whole hour I was standing in the water, the pain jabs settled down. I was terribly tired that night, after that first IV dose of herceptin, a powerful drug that knocks down HER2+ cancer. But I just stood and stood in the cool river water as together we watched the sunset, watched bats swooping and listened to quiet night sounds. We drove together to try to find wild horses--and saw a few.
Her last evening with me she wanted to drive around to see if we could find some javelinas (wild pigs) that many people claim are in the area. Neighbors here say the javelinas come right up into the complex here and leave behind evidence they've been here! They will dig up geraniums and eat the roots.
Well, we didn't see a single wild pig, but we saw an amazing sunset as rain fell in the distance.
And we watched lighting strike after lightning strike in the sky behind the saguaro.
And every morning there was the sunrise.
Because no matter how corrupt a nation's leaders are, God the Creator is still on the throne, and the sun He created continues to rise and set both on the just and the unjust,
and the rain He sends falls on the good and the bad.
And may we be part of the good and the just Who just take time to revere and honor Him for His goodness and righteousness,
thanking Him each morning for the blessing of a new day to live for Him!
Such awesome scenery and sunsets/sunrises!
ReplyDelete