Friday, November 24, 2023

Music in Our Home Again!

Music ia playing in our home again! 

 After Friday lunch of fresh venison fajitas, the family headed to the garage to figure out how to bring the piano in.

 It was decided to take it out the garage door and load it onto the little trailer.
"Why do pianos have to be so heavy?" one of the boys wondered.
It was a blessing to have our oldest son here to help with so many heavy loads, lifting and moving and unloading one heavy item after another from the mission box truck or repositioning furniture around the house.
Oops! Problems arose when the heavy piano was set on the back end of the trailer! The front end of the trailer bounced up off the hitch! 
T
There goes Danny to get the van to pull the trailer with instead of the four-wheeler, while Jonathan makes sure the jack is intact, and Carrie stands precariously on the trailer hoping it will not roll out from under her! 
They brought the piano around to the back door and lugged it in, a step at a time. Having been stored in the garage, the piano had collected dust, so Carrie vacuumed the dusty back of it while Rose tries (rather hopelessly) to help Sam pick out the notes to "This is the Day that the Lord Has Made" on the keys. :):)
 
Danny tried to help, too!
Yesterday, right in the middle of Thanksgiving, I had to head to bed in the middle of the afternoon. I was weak and teary and worried, and Jonathan had just put on some cowboy music in the office.
Now me, if I could have found some Thanksgiving CDs, I'd have put them on, but they were still packed away. 
Hence Cowboys for Jesus was playing. 

But I was lying in the bedroom bemoaning to myself that I wished some Thanksgiving music or hymns were playing instead, when all of a sudden I realized what the cowboys were singing.
"Oh, I'm never alone on the lone prairie
No matter what some folks say.
You see the Lord is by my side
On every dusty ride
To guide me all the way."
 
I don't remember if I shed more tears or if my tears dried up. I just lay there listening intently as the words came clearly, every bit as wonderful and deep and special as any Thanksgiving hymn.
"Oh! I'm never alone on the lone prairie,
He's with me morning, noon, and night.
Oh I'm never alone on the lone prairie
With the Lord here by my side!"
Suddenly I realized that probably the reason for some of my utter weakness at the moment was side effects of the herceptin drug. I feel those side effects the most the second, third, and fourth day after the herceptin IV, and this was the third day.
Within a minute or two I felt so much better that I was up and out of bed and back to work.
 A Cowboy prairie hymn did a little miracle for a little wife and mom on the lone prairie of South Dakota!

No comments:

Post a Comment

In the Morning--I Will Look Up! and Mike's Testimony

 I can't stop being grateful for these warm, sunny South Dakota mornings.  A couple mornings ago, I woke with the verse of a Psalm (KJV)...