Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Water at Last!

This news deserves a post all its own.
I could hardly believe my eyes Tuesday when, upon going up to White River on errands, I discovered that the truck and trailer for the water company's hired trencher was way back in the field where our water line was being put in up the hill!
I thought maybe the trench would be done by the next day, but within hours the operator had reached the fence at our back yard! He said he had estimated a day and a half to do the job, and it only took five hours! The soil was sandy with hardly any rocks. Sorry, we still had to pay the full price, but we were grateful the job was done at last, after literally months of going through one piece of equipment after another and having them either break down or simply not do the job.
No longer do we have to haul water from up the hill. Forty dollars a month will allow us 20,000 gallons of water! We've gotten along on about 200 gallons a week, so I think we'll be okay!
Can I say "Thank You, Lord" enough?

1 comment:

God Keeps Making Our Fawn a Blessing

A day or two ago, I got a call from our pastor's wife who thought I'd like to know that our fawn is bringing joy not just to us and ...