Tuesday, November 14, 2023

When a Mom Gets That News

"How could you not have gotten hurt?" I asked incredulously as my two daughters, Carrie and Rose, related to me the details of their crash this evening that totalled both deer and car!
"God was watching over us!" Rose gasped. 
Oh yes! I should have known! It's just a mom thing to look at a picture like that and hear a story like that and wonder how on earth your daughters survived in one piece--even if one was spitting glass out of her mouth, and the other was picking glass out of her hair from the window that burst into a thousand pieces. 
I knew there would be a reason for me to put on the blog the above picture that I took at the Rapid City Airport yesterday afternoon while waiting for Jonathan to park the truck. He was bringing me to fly back to Arizona for another week of treatments. 
"Always on duty."
An officer.
Like the guardian angel God had assigned today to my daughters.
"Always on duty."
We had driven safely through by the Badlands in South Dakota,

 and my sister Iva and I today had managed safely through all sorts of Phoenix traffic.
But out in the middle of Kansas, a deer sprang in front of the girls' car and they hardly had time to slow down even by five miles an hour. 
They were on a total mission of mercy to Missouri.
They had a whole beautiful plan laid out--to go visit a lonely sister Crystal who wouldn't get to be with our family for Thanksgiving, visit "an unresponsive" third grandpa whom our family has loved for years, Brother Goodwin; and visit their Grandma Morley. 
They were planning to talk wedding with cousin Susanna who is getting married in February, and were also taking over nine baby quilts that they and a friend had sewed together for Lifeline Gifts that their bedridden cousin Amaris has spearheaded. Instead they end up in an accident.
"We had a beautiful plan all laid out!" Rose mourned. "Man has plans, but..."
"God guides our steps," I finished the verse. "God has a purpose."

The girls are being towed by our friend Mr. Randall whose family lives about an hour from where the girls hit the deer. They don't know what the morning will bring or not in the way of a vehicle to rent or borrow, or if their trip will proceed for sure or not. 
Their car was covered only by basic insurance, so the loss is on them.
And the mom is finding it hard to sleep, but I am grateful for the guardian angels--
"always on duty."

1 comment:

  1. I'm so grateful to know that your girls are okay. Such a scary thing to happen! We know, because it happened to my husband, a deer jumped from nowhere and he had no time to even react, causing $7,000 worth of damage to his truck. Such a blessing to have angels watching over your girls; but they were on an errand for the Lord so it's not surprising.

    ReplyDelete

God Keeps Making Our Fawn a Blessing

A day or two ago, I got a call from our pastor's wife who thought I'd like to know that our fawn is bringing joy not just to us and ...