Thursday, November 16, 2023

When a Sister Comes Alongside

My sister Iva flew all the way from Michigan to spend this week making sure I was okay down here in Arizona as I am back for followup treatments for nine days.   

She watched the proceedings at the clinic as my port was accessed for IVs for a couple days and then de-accessed for the weekend. She watched my blood drawn and attended the doctor visit and clapped when I weighed myself and discovered that I was just over 91 pounds, the highest weight I've been for many weeks! She asked questions and attended my lymphatic treatment to see how it was done and picked me up after the day was over at the clinic.

She drove us both to Papago Park nearby in the middle of Phoenix where there was Hole-in-the-Rock.

We hiked up there and got to view Phoenix through this hole in the rock.  
This view above is from down below.
This view is from up at the Hole in the Rock!
And not far from that was a pyramid-shaped tomb built by Arizona's first governor for his wife and various family members including himself. He had been to Egypt and was entranced with the pyramids. He also was governor of Arizona for seven terms!
 
Iva and I then went around the corner and walked toward the Desert Botanical Gardens, enjoying cactus and Palo Verde trees and birds eating prickly pear cactus blossoms, but deciding not to pay the $24.95 each for the entrance fee to the gardens. We knew we could go somewhere tomorrow and enjoy the desert for free. 

We picked up my computer apparatus from Gospel Center so I could work on my editing project, and that is what I did all afternoon. 

Iva made this absolutely delectable supper--cassava noodles with mushroom sauce and stir-fried green beans. 
And fresh raspberries dipped in stevia!
Another evening we had taco salad. It's great to have a sister here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

God Keeps Making Our Fawn a Blessing

A day or two ago, I got a call from our pastor's wife who thought I'd like to know that our fawn is bringing joy not just to us and ...