A few days ago I returned from my walk for the mail to discover our kitty hunkered down in one of the few dry spots on the entire ranch--
above the snow line and directly underneath the dripping roof.
The animals love this little sheltered spot.
The goats shelter here when the wind blows and when it rains, and the chickens roost here during bad and good days both.
They love the sunshine that streams in warmly under this little shelter where the milking stand is.
I am amazed how our animals were made by God to stay warm even in very cold weather.
He made the warm fur for the dog, the amazing hides of the beef cattle that roam around our property every day.
And He certainly made the feathers for the redheaded woodpeckers that have been singing in our trees in February.
I love to hear their songs--cheerful chirps in the middle of cold days when snow sits on branches and twigs.
They seem to want to remind me of a heavenly Father Who cares about His children in the storms of life.
And He certainly made the feathers for the redheaded woodpeckers that have been singing in our trees in February.
I love to hear their songs--cheerful chirps in the middle of cold days when snow sits on branches and twigs.
They seem to want to remind me of a heavenly Father Who cares about His children in the storms of life.
Jesus--our Shepherd and Friend,
and "Shelter in the time of storm."
No comments:
Post a Comment