The next bride-to-be talking to the new bride.
Rose wanted to wait until after this wedding to make some final decisions about her own--although I don't know how many similarities there will be between a formal church wedding in Missouri and an outdoor, western-style one in Colorado!
Everyone in our clan helped with the teardown
Our Tim getting what was up high while Rose and Tommy manage to find a job to do together--
collecting disposable dishes and ware.
Jonathan came into the kitchen to help me with scrubbing up innumberable pots and pans and crockpots and baking sheets. People kept telling me not to wear myself out, but at least I was finally warm while washing in the hot water.
A bunch of cousins had a surprise for Susanna and Daniel. It was Elon's idea. He contacted me a few weeks before the wedding to ask me to come up with new words to "O Susanna, don't you cry for me..." but I couldn't get any inspiration until I found out that after the wedding, Daniel was going to be taking Susanna to the local airport, and the two of them were going to be flying away on their honeymoon in a little airplane!
All of a sudden I had the inspiration!
The cousins, with David on guitar to accompany them, sang:
"Oh Susanna, won't you fly with me?
We'll board my little Cessna all Missouri for to see.
Now all the way from New York state, where I lived all alone
To Missouri where my love resides, my heart has always flown.
It rained all day in New York State, but here the sun does shine,
Because my love is near to me, Susanna you are mine.
O Susanna, won't you fly with me?
Your hand in mine, our hearts entwined, Susanna you are mine!
After the reception, we who were left behind at the church got word that the newlyweds were soon going to be flying over the church. A Mrs. Puffer came up with the idea for us all to stand in a heart-shaped formation in the church parking lot.
Finally we saw it coming! They flew over and circled around and came around again a little lower by the church.
Despite my camera not being the greatest, I was tickled to accidentally get a picture with hands waving as well!
A most unique sendoff!
Inside the gym where the reception had taken place, the young people had it completely cleared and a volleyball net set up. There were so many young people that they had to take turns with four teams to play.
No comments:
Post a Comment