Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Lawyer in the Family--My Sister's Son-in-Law

I never dreamed I would have a niece whose husband was a lawyer. 

But after years of study and hard work, my older sister Dorcas's son-in-law Sam, originally from Michigan, was sworn in by the Christian attorney general of Alabama. Thank God for another Christian lawyer!
I am in touch with my sister Dorcas a lot. We have done so many things together--grown up together, sung together, left home pretty much together, got married only a couple years apart, then we expected one baby after another together!
We were separated by distance a lot, but we stayed close by writing letters, cards, or emails often and sending photos.
Through the years we've suffered together, rejoiced together, talked to each other on the phone a lot, especially lately. 
The cup above is a gift she sent me in the mail, in front of a bouquet of roses Tasbah Lavery brought by one day.
Dorcas sent these photos of spring at her home.  
Daffodils and redbuds were blooming! 
And oh, my heart! What a beauty!
I'm grateful for the beauty my sister Dorcas has brought into my life, and for her example of her simple faith in God. 
Even when very difficult circumstances struck their family over and over, she leaned hard on the Lord. 
God, bless my dear sister Dorcas and her family, 
and no matter what happens,  keep them and us all ever in Your care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...