Friday, March 22, 2024

New Book Published--and Another Started

 Today my sixth book, Lemons in January, arrived by UPS--three boxes of them. I had ordered 250 to be printed.

The other three boxes were shipped to Ohio for the missionary reading course this year for the Allegheny Wesleyan Methodist churches. My old friend Lydia Kunselman spent many hours helping to edit and edit again this book. If any errors remain in it, put that on my account. I already discovered a double period at the end of a sentence near the end of the book. How did I miss that?

 I am so grateful for how God allowed me the strength and time to see yet another book published, this time with true stories from my year teaching in Honduras where we picked lemons in January--hence the title of the book!

No sooner was Lemons in January being sent for proofs and then to the printer than I was beginning to write another book--this time about the "underground" trip my brother Elon and I took to C h i n a in 1989, the year of unrest there. My tentative title is Under His Wings in China, but another appropriate title could be "We Were There During Tia nan men Squ are Mass acre."


 Yes, my brother Elon (whose journal of the trip is pictured above) and I were in the country, though far from Bei jing, when that happened. And yes, it affected our trip majorly, but you'll  have to read my book to find out the exciting details. I am sitting on pins and needles myself, writing the book, and I know the whole story! It is that exciting! I have been writing nearly every single day and am just a few chapters from the end. Yes, those two weeks are filling up an entire book--not a long book, but I'm guessing it will have about 120 pages. So if my blog hasn't been updated as often, or isn't as inspirational as it could be, maybe it's because I'm too busy writing another book!

I feel an urgency to write my stories--not so people can read about me, but so they can read about God's faithfulness and care to someone as simple and lowly as I am. 
I want the readers to know that if God would lead and protect and care for someone as straggly and skinny and simple and weak and sometimes crazy as Anna, He will surely do the same for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...