Saturday, April 20, 2024

Baby Quilts--When Life Goes to Pieces, Make Quilts.

A week and a half ago, Jonathan and I ended up in another state to attend a revival/healing service Sunday evening after being asked to speak at another church in the morning about our work with Society of Indian Missions. Old friends offered for us to stay with them Saturday  night, and what a pleasant time we had together! Dennis, Gail, and their daughter had traveled to Ukraine to help with some mission projects when we were living in an apartment in Kiev about 30 years ago.

What fun it was to reminisce about those days!
Later Gail's brother-in-law came to visit, with Gail's sister. Jerry had also made a couple trips to Ukraine, the first one way back even before Jonathan and I went over. He was over there during the tent meeting from which blossomed the church and Bible College we were involved with. Then he made a second trip where he noticed that one of the missionaries there was wearing a beard.
That was probably Jonathan!
Dennis cooked Saturday evening meal and Sunday dinner while we were there, careful to make only what I could eat!
How I blessed his and Gail's hearts! It was the best meals I'd had in ages. 
Baked chicken, sweet potatoes, raw make-your-own salad, steamed brussels sprouts, sourdough bread. 
Sunday dinner added baked salmon, strawberries, and steamed broccoli, including the "trunk" [stem] as his granddaughter liked to call it. 
Gail showed me the baby items she and the ladies of her church are making for a baby shower that a local pro-life organization is putting on for expectant mothers. 

She showed me one baby quilt after another that she is making.  
Her machine sews this Bible verse onto the quilt.
So cute!
And here we've folded the quilts back up. 
Burp rags sewn so cutely. 

 "When life goes to pieces," I've read, "make quilts."
The weekend we spent with our friends just after Rose's bridal shower was one of those quilt blocks of a life that has gone somewhat to pieces because of cancer. But despite that, we find God's grace to sew up the pieces and believe God to make something beautiful out of our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...