It was hard to believe last Thursday that my daughter was heading into the very same store to shop for wedding dress accessories where I had bought my own wedding dress fabric thirty years ago!
I had to take a picture of my daughter with three sisters and three cousins heading into the store.
A dream come true.
A daughter getting married, a daughter with loving sisters and Christian cousins...
all enjoying helping Rose find heart buttons (well, they didn't find those after all, but decided to order them online), a white zipper,
yards and yards of white fabric, and appliques--well, the applique will have to be ordered online, too.
Rose invited me to go along just for the fun--I'm sure, because I wasn't much help.
But I sure had fun watching everyone looking for lace and trying different things.
Trying lace against the tulle.
The girls and cousins were very patient with me being along and offering opinions that weren't always the greatest since Rose already pretty much knew what she wanted.

While the girls were in Hobby Lobby, Hannah and I hurried into Mardels, and I couldn't help noticing this shirt.
Because that is just what this mother of the bride is doing right now as I wait for my daughter's upcoming wedding two months from now.
Day after tomorrow I'm scheduled to fly to Arizona for more herceptin all over again--the first of four recommended by the clinic--after an all-day trip to Sioux Falls, SD, today, for a special blood test.
And in the middle of it all, I'm hanging onto the hem of His garment.
No comments:
Post a Comment