Just a while ago, as Jonathan and I were arriving back in Phoenix from visiting friends, I saw something on Facebook about National Day of Prayer.
As I sat down to post a prayer (because sometimes I can focus better if I am writing a prayer, rather than just burying my head in my chair or even doing a prayer walk), I think of what happened on this Gospel Center property last week.
Every two weeks, water from the irrigation canals along the streets comes flowing in all over certain parts of town, and property owners go out and open the channel doors at the corners of their properties so the water can flow in and flood the yards.
The birds were having a blast bathing and wading and whatever birds do when there is water in the yard.
"Lord, I hope my readers will join in this little prayer for our nation.
Our land is dry, Lord, in so many more ways than one.
Dry as the badlands we travel through to get to Rapid City every so often when I have to fly to Arizona.
Even many churches no longer have Your Spirit and are caving to the pressure to be unoffensive and supposedly inclusive of precisely what Your Word says is abominable.
Some of those who do stand for what is right are so dry that they are anything but attractive.
We need Your floods upon our dry ground.
It seems as if darkness is settling, Lord, in our nation and our world, as good is called evil and evil is called good.
I am sorry, Lord, about this. I repent on behalf of our nation.
I am sorry. Please forgive me on behalf of our nation, as I come to You in prayer today.
We have sinned, we have done wrong, as a nation we have done even what is abominable in Your sight with no shame.
But I am ashamed.
Remember in mercy, I pray, those of us who are heartily ashamed of the sin, the abominations, and the evil that is flaunted and embraced even in the churches of this land.
Lord, I pray that even yet, good may prevail. That despite everything going on and everything going wrong, You will bring good out of this mess and the mess in so many countries of the world.
When the darkness darkens, may Your light shine more.
Oh God, Fountain of life, spring up in hearts throughout this land. Come fresh to those Who are seeking You.
May You be found of us who seek You with all our heart and with all our soul.
Refresh our tired and thirsty spirits with Your presence, Your power, and Your glory.
May the beauty of Your love and grace, Your redemption from sin, be clearly seen and felt in my heart and life, and in the hearts and lives of those in our nation who seek You.
Send witnesses and preachers to those who haven't heard, even in our nation, so that those who hear may believe in Your Son Jesus and be transformed.
Oh God, help our struggling, thronging, teaming, crowded, angry, bitter, fearful, addicted, deceitful, wicked, and diseased nation.
Speak to us through the events that are happening, and help us to turn to You and seek Your face.
Help our president, his cabinet and staff;
our state governors, their cabinets and staff;
each senator and representative and their staff;
every federal and state and local agent;
each Supreme Court member and each member of lower courts and their staffs;
each prosecutor and each lawyer and each defendant;
each first responder;
each businessman, laborer, and each one who is dependent on the welfare system;
each older person, child, unborn baby, and all in between;
the doctors and nurses and staff;
the many families whose children are at the mercy of the public school system sabotaged by twisted and perverted curriculum;
the families who are trying to preserve their families and children by homeschooling or being intently involved.
Undertake about our weather, Lord. You see the devastations recently by tornadoes in the midwest. We pray for those affected.
May there be many who reach out a helping hand in circumstances like these.
Thank You for every caring human heart in our nation. There are many. We are grateful.
Oh, God, reach Your own hand and help us.
We deserve to be struck by lightning over and over again, and to burn in hell forever and ever.But we pray for Your mercy to be extended as much and as long as possible until all those who hunger and thirst for righteousness are filled.
Until Your floods have flowed in upon our dry land, refreshing us with new life, new vigor to serve You, and new love for You Whose mercies are new every morning.
Great is Your faithfulness even when we are unfaithful.
Forgive us, Lord.
Glorify Your name.
Come Holy Spirit, we need You!
No comments:
Post a Comment