Saturday morning our pastor and his wife dropped in. They knew I was supposed to be flying out again to Arizona and wanted to
bring a birthday gift for Jonathan and me, since we would be gone over my birthday.
A star quilt! I was in awe! Such beautiful pastel colors! It was such a surprise! The pastor and his wife up the hill have so taken us into their hearts ever since they discovered I had cancer just like their son that they lost to cancer last summer. Mrs. Ambrose often calls me to keep in touch, share prayer requests, or let me know what is going on in the community.
Earlier that morning, Mrs. Ambrose had called me to share a verse of a hymn that she had just read that morning in Our Daily Bread.
"Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take.
The clouds ye so much dread
Are big with mercy and shall break
In blessing on your head."
"That is from the hymn, 'God Moves in a Mysterious Way," she added.
"God moves in a mysterious way,
His wonders to perform.
He plants His footsteps on the sea
And rides upon the storm."
I am reminded of the eclipse that several of my siblings and families were able to observe a couple weeks ago.
Just because the moon shadowed the sun and all became as dark as dusk in some places did not mean the sun wasn't there--or that the sun would not shine again.
Day after day, not knowing what the future holds, we hold God's hand.
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow and take fresh courage. The clouds we so much dread are big with mercy and shall break in blessing on our head!
No comments:
Post a Comment