All sorts of discussions have happened about the attire of the First Lady and Second Lady at the inauguration.
(I found this picture online.)
Personally, I thought the First Lady was elegant and the Second Lady incredibly beautiful in their dresses and hair updos.
Don't ask me about my opinion about high heels though--because I can't imagine they are healthy or comfortable, but in the eyes of the world they are classy, and Mrs. Trump handles them super well!
I can't even start to wear heels. Even one-inch heels make my neck hurt, and I turn my ankle.
But it was sort of fun watching Melania walk so perfectly gracefully in them.
We watched these beautiful ladies step gracefully from one inauguration event to the other while my daughters and I prepared meals...
and folded laundry.
No cosmeticians, nail technicians, or fashion designers needed for this work in a simple home in South Dakota.
I was saying something to Jonathan about it a couple evenings ago, wondering about all the hair stylists, cosmeticians, fashion designers, manicurists, (or in modern vernacular, nail tecnhicians) who were involved in preparing Melania and Usha for their day in front of the world. I thought how
beautiful these ladies look--while I was only too painfully aware of my own hairless, ugly head and terrible-looking, ridged nails after chemo.
And he said tenderly to me, "You're beautiful!" and he stroked my hairless head as I clung to him.
And the First and Second Lady are welcome to all their fashion designers, cosmetics, and high heels, for I don't think they could have enjoyed such a blissful moment as the skinny little bald lady in a South Dakota home
on the prairie.
So sweet!
ReplyDelete