Sunday in Missouri, my sister-in-law Anita sent photos of the service in which Elon's and Anita's son Jed and wife Rosalie were having their five little ones dedicated to the Lord.
This was one of the sweetest scenes I've seen in a long time. It included my mother sitting close to the front.
I had to zoom in on this photo.
Young Levi being dedicated and prayed for by my brother. I noted how the two oldest of the five children always had their eyes closed during the prayer, (something that is often lacking in people of every age nowadays) and being very respectful and involved.
When Tanner, the little boy who had been through a year of fighting a brain tumor, was dedicated and prayed for, his big brother and sister looked as if they were as earnest as the adults.
Once again, I was deeply touched by the sincere involvement of Kari and Levi as their little brother was prayed for and held up to the heavenly Father.
"Let the little children come to Me," said the very Son of God, and Sunday morning, five children were "let" to come.
"Let the little children come to Me," said the very Son of God, and Sunday morning, five children were "let" to come.
They had been trained to pray, to obey, to close their eyes when praying, to be respectful, but they had been loved and hugged and included and involved, and their sincere hearts came through the photos in a way I seldom see.
Father, as another little one is on its way to join our own Lucas clan the end of next month, I pray that we will always let the little ones come to You and not hinder them. May we train in love, teach with joy, and value their hearts, minds, and souls.
As I go out to the kitchen right now to mix the next batch of bread and rolls, I hold up all those I love to the heavenly Father with this prayer,
"May each of us become as a little child--humble, trustful, and sincere--that we may enter the kingdom of God!"
No comments:
Post a Comment