Last week I weighed whether to use my straggling energy to go visit in the care center or not. I was not feeling well at all and I wasn't sure how much the ladies there cared if I came or not. I had excuses if I decided not to go.
But then Crystal came home from her work there (she is a driver for nurses needing rides and for patients for dialysis, etc.) and she told me about a lady there who said, "I want your mom to come!"
That did it. Excuses or no, I would head to the care center. In the photo above that Crystal took one evening last week when she arrived at the care center to the tune of a black cat and a gold cat chasing each other up the tree in the front lawn--until they got too high for comfort--the lights of the home look inviting.
It felt good to be wanted.
And I went.
I read Scriptures to Bonnie and Stella and prayed with each of them. I miss Beaver, but now I read and pray with others.
Knowing I am wanted is an open door--one that I need to walk through with joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment