I am sitting down just now, trying to recuperate from a very-near-fall about an hour ago.
Home from two days away with medical appointments in Sioux Falls for Jonathan, I was carrying a big basket of laundry outside to hang and thoughtlessly decided to pick up the dog's dish of scrap food to set outside the door all at the same time.
Well, this did not create good balance, and as I moved sideways out the door, my foot caught on something and I very nearly fell on my shoulder--except that I didn't.
Just barely did not, but the whiplash of catching myself
pulled things in more than one place inside this body of mine and left me almost crying and yet thanking God out loud all at the same that I didn't actually fall and break something.
I had just been meditating on the last few verses of Psalm 34 earlier.
And the verse, "He keeps all his bones; not one of them is broken," had stood out to me.
I had asked God to please allow Jonathan and me, through the medical issues we both are dealing with right now, to "keep all our bones." Within an hour, God answered that prayer--and I still have all my bones intact!
Other things may not be quite so intact--muscles feel pulled, my stomach is teetering on the edge of nausea (which means I need to go make myself some lunch), and we've had one thing after another happen today, but--
when we try to listen to God and hear His voice and pray His own Word over our lives,
He listens, and He does exactly what He promises!
No comments:
Post a Comment