Here I am between medical appointments for Jonathan this time, with my old laptop set up to send email updates to family and maybe blog a little.
Last weekend we celebrated Danny's birthday.
Crystal made the BEST EVER blueberry tapioca cream pie (sweetening the berries with stevia and the cream part with agave nectar) and we had spur-of-the- moment guests.
True to form, Danny drew googly eyes in the condensation on the plastic pie cover.
It must have been a premonition about the Googly Eyes game we gifted him that I'd picked up recently at a Goodwill for just 99 cents! Danny also liked the shirts, but especially the FOOD!
"Food!" he cooed ecstatically as he reached into one gift bag after another, finding special treats like dried mango, his favorite.
Hannah's favorite of Danny's gifts was this book I got for some cents at another Goodwill, called How to Live With Your Parents! It looked hilarious, but also food for thought.
A few days earlier Jonathan and I chose some various scrap metal at the home of a friend who let us go through some of the junk in the shed so we could gift some unique junk to Danny, who is making all sorts of scrap metal crafts. He was pretty tickled for everything from a motor part to old spark plugs to a bicycle wheel. We also gave him a roll of welding rod for the projects he welds.
A gift I give my son daily and not just on his birthday is the gift of meals made with love. He has been struggling to figure out how not to feel sickish in the morning, and what foods work the best for him especially in the morning--whether proteins or fruit or granola, etc. He finds that eating later in the morning works better, so I boil eggs to make deviled eggs to send for morning snack. These egg yolks were so bright yellow I just had to take a picture of them!
How we do love and appreciate our son Danny!
No comments:
Post a Comment