Sunday, December 26, 2021

Carols, Carrots, and Caring

More pictures from our Christmas season.
Here Rose, Hannah and two friends are playing at an assisted living center in Calhan.
 
Carrie and her friend who were there as well. 

A not-quite-perfect but cozy scene after everyone went to bed.
Bro. Donald Lefever, organist or pianist  at our old church, and Jonathan's father. The Lefevers have been friends who have never unfriended us! Always loving and kind.

 Crystal wanted us to play a game the evening of her birthday.
 Candle light service at Foothills Missionary Church, our old church. 
We didn't want Jonathan's father to have to try to get through a candlelight service alone. 
 I couldn't resist quietly getting this picture.

Also this one of last Saturday afternoon at Jonathan's dad's place where we went after the memorial service, to make lunch for him and eat with him, cut his hair, and decide about the fencing that the wind had blown over.
 
And in between the many doings, there are always three meals a day to prepare. 
Here I am slivering carrots from our garden for borsch and stirfry.
It has been a very busy, but very fulfilling, Christmas season!

1 comment:

In the Morning--I Will Look Up! and Mike's Testimony

 I can't stop being grateful for these warm, sunny South Dakota mornings.  A couple mornings ago, I woke with the verse of a Psalm (KJV)...