Thursday, November 7, 2024

Amish-style Perhaps?

 Sunday our pastor's wife brought two cotton head caps to church--rather Amish style--for my almost-bald head, in case they would be more comfortable such as at night. I was totally enamored to try on an Amish-style cotton cap for the first time in my life!

To make everything look more authentic in the picture, I grabbed up a Pennsylvania Dutch recipe pie that our pastor's wife had happened to make for Sunday dinner.
 She had brought two, actually, one with raisins and one with pecans, made with an oatmeal filling.  Jonathan liked it so well, he took seconds! I enjoyed looking at it. Maybe someday when I am all well from cancer, I can allow myself a piece of pie every once in a while. 
 
It meant something to Mrs. Ambrose that the cotton caps that had helped her son's discomforts as he fought brain cancer
might be useful to someone else. As for me, it was great fun to pretend, for a few moments, to be Amish!
 
However, we are not Amish,  as evidenced by the fact that we aren't opposed to placing a cross on the front wall of the sanctuary.
The old one was made of some sort of cheap material, and it kept falling off the wall, so Danny came up with a rustic cross to hang Sunday.  
Just a very simple cross to hang in the front of a very humble Lakota sanctuary.  
Not Amish at all.
But a humble remembrance of a Savior Who died for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...