Friday, November 15, 2024

My Newest Book--Number Seven!

 Last week I was excited to receive by UPS three boxes of new books--my seventh.

 
It is the story of the trip my brother and I took with a team to the land of the dragon in the year 1 9 8 9. 
We were there during the famous (or rather infamous) Tia nan men Square Mass acre in the capitol of the country. 
Yes, that event did drastically affect our trip, even though we were a thousand miles away.
Under His Wings in China  has finally been published after months of trying to squeeze in finishing final formatting and editing details. I wrote the stories in a matter of about three weeks, as I combed through the very tiny handwriting in my brother Elon's old journal and mine of those very full two weeks of taking the gospel in unconventional and quiet ways. Writing the stories was the fun part. Then comes the working through the manuscript, editing, considering whether to leave in certain questionable or controversial or personal parts. Most or all of those were scratched!

Meanwhile, a couple weeks ago I filled most of a box with several each of my other books to send to an address that will get the books to a Christian bookstore in Mexico. A Mennonite lady who met my brother Elon's family in Mexico when my niece Amaris was at a clinic in Mexico was given a book of mine and wants more for her bookstore. The one book she already has of mine has gone from one hand to another there, being read to a dying  relative and to a lady who was unable to read herself.  
I am so happy to hear stories of my books being read and enjoyed.  
So I keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...