Take a guess what met me the other night when I came out of my bedroom after I had been modeling my wig for my sister-in-law Regina.
It was my son--with Samson-length hair (i.e. my wig)!
Here's a closer-up look of his mom's face while his sister cackles!
Here he is from the front! :) :)
My brother Fain (who was here for a few days) says I look better in a wig than without.
Hmm.
The problem is, how to get the wig to stay on.
So I googled it.
And maybe I will order special double-sided wig tape.
Until then, I wear caps knitted lovingly by hands whose owners usually know from experience the difficulties chemo patients face.
As I was going through my photos on my phone a couple days ago, I saw the picture of me in the wig shop before I started chemo.
I couldn't believe how much hair I had.
And after seeing myself in the mirror for these last two months, I thought, for perhaps the first time ever,
that my hair used to look beautiful.
That was just two months ago.
That was just two months ago.
But I can't let myself focus on all the loss, but instead focus on the joys we can have in the present,
laughs in funny moments with children who can still tease and laugh and say silly things that help us forget the hard and focus on fun with each other in the moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment