Monday, November 25, 2024

Autumn--Raking Leaves, Hauling Firewood

 The leaf rake Hannah and I took up to our church lost its handle halfway through our job of raking and vacuuming up leaves with a leaf blower/vacuum that Jonathan got on clearance at Home Depot for $20.

Hannah used it anyway! She also operated the vacuum that shredded the leaves all at the same time, while I tried to pick out any twigs that were too big for the shredder to handle. 

I loved having an excuse to be out in the late afternoon sunshine. 

Hannah wanted to use the leaves for mulch or compost in her garden.

 

So I held the big trash bags when she emptied the stuffed vacuum bags.

She prefers raking and gathering leaves to doing algebra, but she is doing great with her algebra, too, soon to be halfway through her textbook.
Meanwhile, Jonathan, Danny, Ricky, Ned Sherman, and Lakota men spent most of a day cutting and hauling firewood to the Martin church, which heats mostly with wood, and another trailer load for ourselves. 

What is more fulfilling than a load of logs on a big trailer?  
Especially in the sunset?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...