Wednesday, February 26, 2025

O God, Your Face is Beautiful to Me!

Why are poems (with bits of free verse) coming one after the other to me in the last 24 hours?
This one started in the middle of my early morning--after a rough night. 

Your Face is Beautiful to Me
 
O God, Your face is beautiful to me
Although with feeble eyes, it's One I cannot see.
Unseen, yet loved, encased in mystery,
My God of love, Your face
is beautiful to me.
 I stand at kitchen window, seeing naught
But You--
The view
Is hidden from my eyes of flesh and not
one I can describe
to any tongue or tribe

Except for this one thing-- 
My heart takes wing
From flesh and earth and dust
When once I see with trust
The look upon Your face, the smile,
That gives me strength to trudge a mile 
Footsore and raw
With every flaw,
Inspired, though, by what I saw
A moment ago
By my window. 

1 comment:

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...