Two nights ago, I woke up in the middle of the night, and about 1 o'clock, there was a ding on the phone--a signal notification.
"Who in the world would be sending a signal message this time of night?" I sleepily wondered, going back to sleep.
In the morning, Jonathan was the one to read it first. At midnight his time in Colorado, our oldest son Sam had sent three words to his mom and dad.
"She said yes!"
If you know me, you know I got just a little dramatic. Heart emojis, congratulations, bell and music notes, and other mushy stuff became the order of the day. As soon as we made sure Sam had told his siblings himself, the family chat blew up.
Rose demanded a picture "or it didn't happen!" she said, after which she said her baby in utero promptly kicked her HARD in the kidney, leaving her going around like this--emoji of old lady limping around with a purse and cane.
After giving Sam time to make his announcement to whoever he wanted to first, I put the announcement on my siblings chat and made plans to call my sister Dorcas.
Sam asked me what date was being set for his cousin Esther Barth's wedding as he and Caitlyn needed to make sure their wedding wasn't on the same day!
And I was on the phone later with Sam, eagerly asking about any details he was willing to share about their engagement evening.
I feel so blessed to have my son calling me every week and just chatting about life--which often involves "Cait" now, as he calls her.
"The more I get to know her family," he told me, "the more I found out how similar they are to our own."
I am grateful, and hope we can soon meet Caitlyn's family.
I am so grateful for this beautiful young lady God brought into our son's life--and now into our own!
Congratulations, Sam and Caitlyn!
Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteWe are so thrilled to have Sam join the Kelly family! And it's been a fun journey to begin to know the Lucas clan through letters and short interactions with Rose and Carrie. Praising God for His plan to bring our two children together!
ReplyDeleteI am honored and excited to join the Lucas clan!! :)
ReplyDelete