Saturday, February 22, 2025

Rose and Crystal Meet Wee Missouri Nephew

 Earlier this week, Rose flew to Missouri to spend a few days with her cousin (and my niece) Susanna who just had her first baby about three weeks ago. Several cousins went to St. Louis to meet Rose at the airport.

Technically, little Titus is Rose's "first cousin once removed." But good grief! Who is big enough to carry around a title as long as that? Google says "nephew" is perfectly fine to call the child. To me, he is my grandnephew, or great nephew, which are also rather grand titles for such a wee boy.

"He's so little!" Rose squeaked on Signal. She is trying to prepare herself for her own baby due in just three months now. 
She had knitted booties for Titus and sewed and embroidered a dear little bib which I thought quite charming. 
This is the underside of the bib.  
Not to be outdone, Crystal ended up having an Amish drive all the way to Missouri this weekend--landing squarely on Susanna's doorstep as well, all at the same time Rose was there! I might have gone with Crystal, but my chemo was scheduled for this weekend, too, so I had to stay put and just enjoy photos the girls sent and letters from my mother telling about everyone there. It has been a year since I saw my mom, so I hope to go see her sometime later on, once chemo is out of the way. 
Wee Titus and Crystal. 
 
Hannah had finished the last of several baby quilt tops that my sister-in-law Anita had sent home with us months ago. Hannah sent it back to Missouri with Crystal. I am grateful for the little projects the girls do to keep their hands and hearts busy with doing good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sam and Caitlyn in Africa

With their permission, I am delighted to share a few pictures of Sam and Caitlyn's trip to Africa. Caitlyn's older sister has lived ...