Thursday, March 6, 2025

Engagement Photos--"I Prayed for This Day"

Two sets of parents were praying for their children to find God's will in spouses. 
When Sam asked Caitlyn's dad back last year if he would give permission for Sam to date his daughter, Caitlyn's dad told Sam, "I've been praying for this day."
And without reservation, he agreed to let Sam date his daughter. 
Sunday our son Tim took some engagement photos for the happy couple before he set off to return to  Ranch Haven in western CO. I loved this one!
 And this one. 
And this one! I haven't seen Sam looking this happy in a long, long time. 
I think Caitlyn has done wonders for him. 
And did I mention that Caitlyn is one of my very favorite names? When I wrote stories for my children about themselves and their adventures, I sometimes changed their names, and I renamed Crystal as Kaitlyn, only with a K. And now don't we get a real Caitlyn (starting with C, which I like better) for our family!
When Sam was first telling me about this girl from his church and how he was starting to date her, I asked him what attracted him to her. 
Now my Sam, if you know him, (or even if you do not know him) is not into a lot of mush or gush. But since I really wanted to know, one thing he mentioned was, "She loves God and she loves people."
And I think, when it's all boiled down, isn't that what Jesus said was the most important thing? 

 
 

1 comment:

Garden Delights--A Cheerful Reality

  Working in the garden and enjoying its harvest is not just an escape from reality--it is, in fact, a cheerful part of the reality of life....